Tuesday, April 23, 2013

V and Co: getting my embroidery on and 15 years

yesterday i continued to work on things for market. 
i am doing a school house with Aurifil threads and i will be showing off a few things i've made (including this little bag) with my line of threads with them.
 one person asked if i did the embroidery by hand. uh no. but thank you for thinking i did that by hand.
 nope the embroidery was stitch #431 on my Bernina 580 
these threads were created for my simply color line. but go great with my simply style line as the colors are close enough that they transfer pretty well!
 the bag pattern is my color block pouch. (the large bag of the three)
it's one of my favorite to make as a gift for sew-y friends because it's fast and easy and totally a necessity.

yep. i'll be making a few more. :)
and i'll be making a few other things with my embroidery machine and thread here soon too. watch for it on the We All Sew Blog for BERNINA. :)

also this last week my youngest one was caught on camera eating a microphone.
this was taken before the kindergarten moosical.  she obviously is lacking in the personality department.


we also (the husband and i) celebrated 15 years and one month this last sunday.
yep, last month we celebrated 15 whole years of marriage.

i married a pretty cute boy 15 years ago.
and today i celebrate 15 years of being with my best friend, the love of my life, the guy that can make me laugh so hard i pee, the guy i can look across the room and with one look i know what he said with that one look. i'm married to one of the hardest working men i know and a great example to my boys. i celebrate 15 years with the guy i have 4 kids with, countless of memories, a few trials we have been able to go through and look back at and learned from. i am celebrating 15 years with the man that mirrors my desires to have a good family life, mirrors my desires to create a safe home for our children, the man that mirrors my sense of humor, and the man that continuously tries to keep smiling.
i am one lucky gal i said yes. one of these days i'll have to write down our story. it's pretty hilarious. :)

this week i'll also write up about my time at the MQG in Des Moines. they asked me to talk about traditional blocks in modern quilting . it was fun and i got to meet some lovely ladies and got to talk fun stuff with them. :)

here's a blog post by one of the members! it was so nice to meet you veronica!!
we'll talk soon!

17 comments:

janusje said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janusje said...

So beautiful!

gmp said...

Belated Happy Anniversary wishes. I hope you have many more happy, successful years together.

Love the embroidery stitching you did on te bag. Was this done with an embroidery unit, or is this decorative stitches that you have sewn on yourself? I am trying to use some of the decorative stitches on my machine, but my stitches don't look neat and pretty like yours do. Do you do anything special?
Grace

Rebecca Grace said...

Happy Anniversary! The Moosical picture cracked me up. We all know which parent she inherited the "ham" gene from, don't we? ;-)

Thanks for posting the cute bag. I hardly ever do anything with the decorative stitches on my machine, so keep those great ideas coming!

j.s. said...

Congratulations on your wonderful 15 years! :)

I agree with the comment above and am now inspired to use my decorative stitches. May I ask what type of fabric you used on that cute bag? Is that linen? or some type of canvas? I'd love to know where I can purchase some. swim(dot)usn(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks a bunch for the fun posts!

Angie said...

Congratulations on 15 years with your best friend. Your bag looks great. I really need to use my decorative stitches more.

Karen said...

Congratulations on 15 years!

Do you know anything about the 6 stand Aurifil thread? I would like to try it but with shipping it costs an arm and a leg.

mascanlon said...

Oh I love how the embroidery makes this cute bag very special! And who can resist Aurifil, my Bernina loves it too. Looking forward to hearing your story, you often make me laugh hard enough to pee too...the mens's room!

Marianne @ sew paint it said...

Congratulations on 15 years of marriage! And I love the embroidery!

Kim-the-girl said...

Beautiful bag! And congratulations to you and yours! We just celebrated 12 and I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend too.

You should definitely share your story with us, you are SO hilarious! I recently had a son at church in a similar predicament as yours and I HAD to send my husband in after him remembering your tale... SO FUNNY! Does that make me a bad mom?

Elsa said...

Love the bag ~ machine embroidery is so much faster than hand ~ always forget about it.
Happy Anniversary ~ 15 years is wonderful!

Lou said...

Congrats on 15 years and the one month:) I will be celebrating 32 years with my best friend next month:)

V and Co. said...

lou, that is wonderful!!!
and thank you to all of you for your lovely comments on our 15 years.

linen was used for the top part of the bag, i also used interfacing to keep my stitches from bunching as well as it helps with the shape of the bag!
bought mine at my LQS!

lysa flower said...

What a lovely bag! Zippy pouches are the best gifts aren't they!

I look forward to your story about you and your husband, I'm so curious now! Congrats on your 15 years and one month!

Sandy said...

Another reason to lust after a Bernina 580 - what a gorgeous pouch and I love the colours. Aurifil is difficult to find here in Australia but you have so motivated me - I love the sheen. Love all your work, Vanessa - and I always get lots of great ideas when I visit, Thankyou for blogging!

terrieannie said...

Congrats on 15+ years with such a wonderful person... BOTH of you!
You sound like a really fun person with a pretty cool family, someone I'd like to meet some day. Keep up the great work!

Fiona said...

You are so adorable. You just made me cry with your beautiful words about your husband. Something for us all to aspire to.
Love the personality photo of your microphone eater too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin