Monday, September 24, 2012

V and Co: what i've been doing with my simply color pre-cuts

 so if you haven't heard simply color pre-cuts are now available at your favorite quilt stores. :)
and well now i feel like i can sort of show you a couple of things i've been working on with my precuts!
this beautiful dresden plate zippered pouch, is my new little sewing bag. i can take my sewing scissors, hexagons or appliqué pieces. also i can carry my thread. or heck i can just carry it around with nothing in it because it's so darn cute. i'm thinking i need to make a smaller one to put inside this one...hmmm maybe tomorrow. :)
 i used a vintage aqua zipper (i found at good will a whole huge bag full of zippers in all different colors! score!) and the inside lining is simply color lime leaf. i'm a little in love with it. and well that's not the last of the zippered pouches i'm going to make. :)
also i've been working on my double wedding ring quilt.
have you ever made one? this is my first one ever.
this one takes a little longer, but i'm excited to keep working on it. i'm hoping that by next march 21, i will have a big enough quilt top for a throw or larger.
why march 21? well that will be my 15th wedding anniversary. WHOOT!
:)
okay back to sewing.
i have quite a few more things to finish here and soon.
we have a review and giveaway of a book next monday, and i want to show you a couple of my thrifting finds, as well as my swell time checking out iowa city's home ec quilt shop. :)
we'll talk soon! promise.

15 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your line! I can't wait to work with it, maybe in the spring, for some dresses for my shop!

bdaiss said...

Hey! I think we should have a quilt along! I've always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt. Maybe a group effort would get us both through it. :)

janequiltsslowly said...

I didn't know the pre-cuts were out and about. I may have to get a layer cake to play with! Love these colors and prints. That lime leaf is great. And that bag is sweet. I need a dresden ruler.

trish said...

Oh goodness your bag is so cute!!
Did you use a charm pack for it?
Also is the fabric on the outside linen?
Love love love your zippers score.
Your quilt will be so perfect. :0)
So special that it is in your very own fabrics.

Cindy said...

Love your fabric! Your zipper bag is cute and your dbl wedding ring quilt is going to look amazing.

Miwako said...

Your zipper pouch is sooo cute! Any pattern or tutorial by any chance? Love it.

Leigh Anne said...

Just beautiful! Love your fabric line, BTW! Can't wait til I can get my hands on some :)

Malmbergs said...

Love the fabrics and the wedding ring pattern has been on my "to do" list for years. What pattern are you using? Any tips you've learned along the way? I like the idea of a quilt a-long with this also :-)

Teri said...

I love precuts! They are handier than sliced bread! You bag is so cute, you have inspired me to make one too. I have been wanting one for my hand sewing hexi and diamonds so it is on my list. What pattern did you use or did you make it as you go? I am working on a double wedding ring table runner for a friend but I am rather slow. I am using Elenor Burns method in her Egg Money Quilts book. I will also be celebrating my 15th anniversary next year too, in June. yeah us!!!

Liberty said...

I love Home Ec, it's not very big but there is something about it that I just love. I think they have very fair prices as well. Have fun!

Amy DeCesare said...

Fantastic pouch!!! Everything I'm seeing in this line is lighting up my day. :)

CathyK said...

I LOVE that pouch!!!! Your fabic line is amazing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shirley said:
I love your bag. You always come through with beautiful projects.

nettiejdear said...

Don't you have some ombré fabrics coming out? Where and when??? Thx!!

VickiT said...

LOVE this fabric Vanessa!!!!!! That Dresden is so pretty too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin