Tuesday, January 3, 2012

V and Co: BLAHHHHRG

NORMALCY I CRAVE YOU!!!
pfew! oh wow.  if you follow me on facebook you saw that jake threw out his back. it's pretty bad people, he can't move. :(  i think the hardest part for him is that he's dying to get up, and it's driving him nuts...and the kids aren't used to seeing him down like that. this has happened one other time (not as bad) this last summer when we were moving. BUT all will be well as he has a little more movement this morning. it's been fun making fun of him, and in turn his razzing back. i love him, and i hate to watch him hurt, just grateful he has a good sense of humor through it all. :) kids are back in school, and i get to have a small smidge of a sense of normalcy again, now to just make sure jake gets better so we can have full normalcy.

in other news my newest obsession is Playmobil. they are so cute. and i want them all. i mean it. i.want.it.all. and i am so happy to announce that the girl noise maker is now obsessed with them much to my constant "oooh and ahhhs" over my computer screen. yeah. its not good. they have so many i really don't know what i would do if i had a place i could go and buy them. but now i'm on a mission, i'm hoping to find them on sale and with free shipping...or at garage sales when those come up again. yup. obsessed.
okay. so word for the year:
i'm thinking of re-enlisting last years word. which was "healthy" i like it because it was easy to encompass a lot of things in our life, from relationships, to eating. we have incorporated family prayer and weekly family time in our schedules and we now also have been doing a weekly eating menu. all going towards the healthy idea.
we've had success. but i've done an epic fail of getting rid of diet soda for me. i figured if i just keep adding good things slowly that one bad soda habit might go away someday.

sooooo yeah. we're going one more year of "healthy". we did good. and well, i think we could do even better. so maybe better would be a better word. never mind we're sticking with "healthy" :)
question is..."is having a word for the year still the cool thing" i dont know, someone want to show me what the cool thing is? or is it still the word?
:) we'll talk soon.
ps jake's walked around three times around the living room today. things are looking good!

26 comments:

ME said...

I adore Playmobile too! When I was little we had a ranch set (complete with covered wagons)that lived at my Grandmother's house. I've been attempting to get my little guy interested in them, but prefers matchbox cars and legos. :(

Pam @ Frippery said...

I would love an entire Playmobile city. My kids are grown, but still.
I chose a word again, not for coolness just because it keeps me on track. My thought was to find a truly tattoo worthy word. Not that I would actually do it, but be ause it would be a good one if I did. Kind of a talisman for guidance.

Amanda Angert said...

You can have my Playmobil! For reals. :)

Make It Happen Mama said...

Oh, I love Playmobil! One of my favorite toys from childhood and my sweet little boy loves them as much as I do, thank goodness :-)

Carolyn J. said...

I read a blog today that picked peace as her family work for the year....that's a great ambition to me.

Happy New year!

Whitney & Ryan said...

I loved this when I was little! My mom won't let me take them to my house sooo when I was after Christmas shopping I found a nativity set!

bethanndodd said...

My boys go back tomorrow and I am ready for our schedule to get back on track too. Hope Jake continues to get better! Smiles~Beth

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Those are adorable. Love the lady with the scarf, and the girl in the tutu. So cute.

Needle little Balance said...

I loved Playmobil too when I was a kid, so did the man of the house. I thin´k almost every child in central Europe grows uo with Lego and Playmobil. My little sister had the huge Playmobil pirate ship and lots of cowboys and pirates. I didn´t know that it wasn´t available in the US?

V and Co. said...

hey amanda, please email me and we can talk about what you want to get rid of and for how much!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

My kids are just getting almost big enough for Playmobil, what great toys!

sara said...

you are super adorable. that's all. happy wednesday (unless it's still tuesday there too, and in that case - good night!).

Andrea said...

My oldest daughter's counselor has a whole bunch of these. They ARE really cool and fun to play with. I got to play when I got to stay in on the last counseling session. (She has ADHD & high anxiety - we all go to the counselor at different times. It really helps.)

Stacey said...

Target sells playmobil, I noticed that a while ago, brought back memories from when I was young, and at my old babysitter's house, she had the original ones, and lots and lots of them, hours upon hours of fun, great memories!!

Go-Go Kim said...

LMAO!!! I just did a post with Playmobil too! I cannot get enough of those people!!!!

Tuesday morning has them for a decent price :o) That is where I bought most of Adam's for Christmas.

Healing back vibes Jake's way!!!!

Nicole said...

So I just bought a ton at Tuesday Morning - its a discount store near here. (Ugh just read the post above me - oh well!) We love them too. Especially our robin hood set that shoots a cannon ball! I hadn't seen the really girly ones, mostly we have some fairies and unicorns and such. Good luck with the back. Our magic way to a happy back is pilates twice a week, but it can take awhile!

Mindy said...

So sorry about Jake... that's got to be painful, for both of you. I think whatever you do is cool... I did the anti-word this year... eliminated a word. ;)

Sam said...

Online Playmobil shopping. Dangerous. And I totally get it. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - and we have a great store with a not-so-great website, but they have TONS and TONS of Playmobil - even the discontinued stuff. When my oldest daughter E asked for "a dolphin house" for christmas from Santa - I went looking - and sure enough PLAYMOBIL has a dolphin aquarium!!! What are the chances!!! Here is their website for reference http://www.playvaluetoys.com. They are lovely.

trish said...

Oh gosh, I hope your husband is back up and about soon. This silly bodies of ours sure have some tweaks don't they?
I love Play Mobile. When my Katie was your Katie's age, she loved them too.
Have a Happy Happy Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

I love the bright, girly Playmobil. We have the pirates and knights here and they are fun, albeit a bit messy with all the cool accessories. I hope your hubs back heals soon. I'm a believer in acupuncture. It's has solved my back problems, going on 3 years of being virtually pain free and no prescription drugs! I was afraid to try it, but out of desperation and recommendation from my massage lady, I gave it a try. I choose it over a massage now for maintenance.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if having a word is the cool thing or not, but I definitely chose one this year and am looking forward to using it in every way I can throughout this year! http://hurstathome.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-little-word-in-2012.html

Good luck with yours!

ellen said...

One of these years I'm going to get my old maid self a playmobil nativity.

Shantelle said...

You can find Playmobil at Red Balloon. They have 20 percent off sales so it makes it a good buy.

Heather Anne said...

I am not a super cool person, but I do love Playmobil - love love love it! The thing is to let everyone know you love Playmobil, but than to not let their kids fall in love with it too. It's tricky, but it works! My friend'd children are LEGO all the way, so when I see LEGO I get if for her and when she sees Playmobil, she snatches it for me! We made a choice that our darling girl would collect the zoo since she is animal crazy and out son is all about the Knights. Because of some 'could not resist' thrift store finds, he also has the police station and fire station - we call them 'modern days'. He is a Playmobil purist and keeps them in separate bins - cleaning one set off the activity table before setting up the other! Our children are 11 and 14 and still set them up and have fun with them regularly! Enjoy your new obsession!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love Playmobil - luckily the kids do too. The Nativity set is wonderful, although I had to buy extra camels so each of my wise men had a camel. They traveled past the Santa house to reach the nativity. Such fun! If you are just getting into it, I highly recommend the enclosed sets, either a house or castle.

Four of a Kind said...

Hey! Did you know that Playmobil is made in Germany? They even have a Playmobil park out here. I sent all the kids in my family Playmobil for Christmas last year.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin