Wednesday, December 28, 2011

V and Co: scenes from around here

 so much for creating star wars projects from the awesome star wars book i got while there are a bazillion legos to be put together
 in star wars theme of course... i think all the lego sets have almost been completely completed. (ha try saying that 10 times fast)
the christmas weekend kicked the trash out of me...too bad it didn't kick the trash out of my house. monday and tuesday was spent cleaning up christmas, and trying to get clothes out of the laundry dirty piles and into drawers. we're almost back to normal. just have to go grocery shopping, toilet cleaning...eh okay so normal isn't all that awesome either...but  i would like to finally use this lovely:
that the husband got me this year. no more "by hand" for me. YAY! i do have to say that the best part of it was that he bought it in chrome. not because i love gray. true i do. (duh everyone does right now) but his explanation on why he bought that one was because it was neutral enough to go with any other accent color i might like at the moment.
love that man.
because he TOTALLY gets me
and that he would totally take into consideration, before making a purchase, on the color or rather lack of color because of how i am.
yup, he's good to me.

homemade (messed up at first because i don't know if i can do it right) bread coming soon to our house!

im ready to sew though, and i'm hoping that all these legos go away soon, as i am pretty sure that my own personal hell will consist of making lego creation after lego creation after lego creation after lego creation and trying to find a piece lost in the carpet. but the boys like it. and the husband, as much as he says he didn't, had a lot of fun making that that falcon (we're on one name basis now, it's no longer "The millennium falcon" it's "the falcon") when the boys totally deserted it in the second hour of building it. best quotes during the completion of it:

"did you know that princess leah goes diarrhea on like everyone?" -noisemaker age 7 to other boy noisemakers.
and
"pretty sure i now know the other use for adult size diapers, that freaking took me 3 hours. i've got to go pee real bad." -husband to me after he was done building the falcon.

here's to a good in-between week (of christmas and new years celebrations)

hope all of you have enjoyed your family and holidays. i am enjoying mine, even if mainly all they do is talk about bodily functions while building legos. :)

15 comments:

RaspberrySunshine said...

I am dying laughing at the Princess comment. I have 3 boys 11,8,4 and that is EXACTLY what they like to insert in all Lego mini-figs...bodily functions. I am a Lego freak myself and got a huge pirate ship from Pirates of the Carribean. I have a shelf in my studio for my Legos. :) Happy New Year!

Luke and Hailie Girl said...

I got the kitchen aid mixer too for Christmas in black.. same reason my guy said he got that color.. I havent used it quite yet either ;)

charlotte said...

That's what it's like when you have boys. Bread mixing in a kitchen aid is super. Just takes practice. You're gonna love it!

Unknown said...

Oh does this bring back the best memories! When my son was about 9 he got the Hogwart's Castle for his birthday. He (and by he, I mean I) spent hours putting it together. We put it on THE SHELF OF HONOR in the playroom. I don't think it was 24 hours before a wayward nerf ball took out a major portion of it! There are times when I walk by the Lego store and think I would love to go by something for myself!

mascanlon said...

So I am thinking there is a market for lego quilt set. Right here with your blog peeps Vanessa. I am off to keep working on the houndstooth quilt. Its awesome, although I somehow made twice as many strip sets as I needed.

Jessica said...

Don't you know that you'll never find that lost piece when you look for it, except maybe by stepping on it with your bare feet?!?! :)

Unknown said...

You will love that mixer...and your bread will be absolutely fabulous!
Toni
www.lifeinapinkbunnysuit.com

liZ said...

We've also had 4 straight days of lego's broken up only by spurts of kinex roller coaster building.
liZ
(simplesimonandco)

*We got the milenium falcon as well---but not the death star---have you seen that thing??? My seven year old would be working on that until he graduated from highschool! Actually, it might take him that long to finish the milenium falcon...but I sure hope not. I want my kitchen table back.

Dawn said...

When my husband got me a Kitchen Aid for Christmas (I think eight years ago) my son said it was like a family gift because I started baking so much more.

A tip on making bread: never measure the flour. I learned from a class to use hot tap water, maybe a cup of flour and all the other ingredients with the paddle. Then gradually add the flour, switching to the dough hook when it starts to get thicker. I just scoop a little flour (maybe a half cup at a time,) until it no longer sticks to the bottom of the bowl. Then let it knead for at least five minutes. YUM!

Esch House Quilts said...

Yep, hubby's thought process there is perfect! You'll love the mixer - I've had one for years and can't imagine life without it :)

kim-the-girl said...

I don't know if you're looking for a good recipe, but if you are check out this one:

http://hollidaisycooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/best-whole-grain-bread-ever.html

Soooooo good. Happy baking (and sewing, of course!)

Anonymous said...

Your family is too fun! Enjoy that new Kitchen Aide and happy New Year!

Kendra in Dayton said...

Ah, yes....boys. My sons were watching TV when a Time Life type commercial came on about the "Shirley Temple" collection. Now I hear "Animal crackers in my poop...." Ah, yes.....boys.

KimberlyGanir said...

We got our first big lego set this year! After 3 days of putting it together with my son, yeah right, dad was carrying it down the hall and I heard "CRASH"!! He dropped it in the hall!! I almost cried. We keep talking about putting it back together, but I know there will be a few legos missing and it will drive me nuts, so I am refusing to do it all again.

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin