Monday, April 27, 2009

my spa weekend?

*8 hours of mandatory meetings one day and 3 the next
*boys who haven't seen each other since being overseas together
*only 20% off of all spa thingies that cost a bazillion dollars to begin with ( uh...we need money to eat and feed our children)
EQUALSmaking cheap fun in our hotel rooms
yes i think they had like 5 controllers and they brought their own flat screen tv
we had fun laughing and playing games
this view was from inside the hotel (in the middle of it) i think there are three floor under me from this floor
the hotel was grand.
too bad i'm more tired coming home from this weekend then i did going to the place.
oh well
we're back,
and we get three weeks and weekends where we don't have to go anywhere.
we're pretty excited.

14 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I think the "tired" trips are the most fun!! So glad you had a great time!! Enjoy your break.

:)r.

rachel griffith said...

well yayyy to having fun!!!
3 weeks & weekends at home...oh the possibilites.
:D

i LOVE the pic of all the guys playing ps3.
and yall are some hot mommas.

Busy Little Quilter said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I agree that being more tired than when you went sounds like you had a great time. Enjoy your weekends of staying home. I haven't had one of those in a while.

Betsy said...

What a great looking group. I am sure everyone was so happy to be home and enjoying life.

lexid said...

I love getaways. They remind me how much I love Home and MY OWN BED! :-)

Anonymous said...

That sounds just like an army get away! I think that is why we didn't go to the 'retreat' after the first deployment. Oh well... Glad you had fun anyway! :)

Rue said...

Good morning Vanessa :)

It sounds like y'all had a great time, spa or not.

I love the quilt you made and it's beautiful :)

rue

girlsmama said...

Oh well. At least you had fun with the army girls and didn't have to cook or clean!

Tara said...

I'm sure it'll feel good to be home for awhile--you've been so busy! Glad you had fun, wish spa's were made with budgets in mind!

dotti white said...

So much fun--it's crazy though how sometimes it takes a ton of energy to plan a getaway. I absolutely would love to just have a few days at home with nowhere to go! Have a happy week. Oh, V, go check out my blog and take a look at the cute mother's day idea/tutorial that I put on my blog and share it with anyone that you know would be interested! I love to share!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Looks like you had fun! I was very surprised to see my sister-in-law & brother-in-law in your pictures. :) They are the newlyweds!

Anonymous said...

i had so much fun! army wives are the best. too bad about the not so free spa treatments. :(

cherry said...

fun!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Hey, I know Tara! Looks like the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin