Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"the easter bunny sucks!"


so we were on the road on easter sunday. i know not very religious of us. but the husband had to be back at work on monday morning and we had to see family on saturday soooo...you do the math.
as we were traveling the oldest boy yells up to the front:
hey isn't today easter sunday?
me: yeah (oh crap he's going to lecture me on why aren't we doing what Jesus would want us to do)
one of the boys in the back to the other one: ooooh yeeeeeeah! wonder what the easter bunny brought us!
me: grumbling swear word!
my wonderful husband coming to my rescue: uh guys the easter bunny's not coming this year...
all three boys start yelling at once:
WHAT? WHY? but WHY?!! THAT'S NOT RIGHT!
husband that came to my rescue: cause the easter bunny doesn't leave stuff for kids who aren't going to be home on easter. we're usually home and so he didn't want to leave stuff just in case. sorry guys.
all three boys: THE EASTER BUNNY SUCKS!
me: oh now hey guys lets not be so mean to the easter bunny. sh..he has a lot on his plates sometimes and this time of the year you can only imagine how stressed out he was....grumbling too low for them to hear thinking about the wedding and all the other stuff
oldest boy: santa clause wouldn't pull something like that.
husband that came to my rescue: nope, you are right santa clause wouldn't pull something like that. (snickering in the front seat)
****************
so guess what?
the easter bunny came a little late this year.
feeling real bad and all.
sh..he showed up on tuesday (after i came home from walmart and before the boys came home from school)
the boys are all okay with the easter bunny again.
and the easter bunny got some KILLER deals on half priced items for easter.
go figure.

24 comments:

Funky Kim said...

Easter Tuesday with killer deals sounds like a great new tradition!

rachel griffith said...

hahaha.
LOVE it!!!

and 1/2 price...that's always awesome!!!

Christina said...

I can almost here that conversation in my car a few years ago. very funny!

jlk said...

That is so funny. I'm glad the Easter Bunny has redeemed her...himself.

Anonymous said...

Half price certainly works for me... I think Easter should always be on Tuesdays...lol

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Anonymous said...

Aren't kids great? They come out with the best comments!

Glad to hear the Easter Bunny is being careful with the pennies! ;-)

Dawn said...

Way to go Easter Bunny!!

zippy said...

Too funny! Hee, hee...I love how sneaky the Easter Bunny was at your house this year! Though I have to wonder...I take it your boys DON'T read your blog? : )

Sandy said...

That is pure awesome! The Easter bunny came, but we totally forgot to die our eggs. We had 2 dozen hard boiled eggs in our fridge today - we are eating egg salad sandwiches tonight even without the neon pink and blue pieces of egg in it:)

Busy Little Quilter said...

That's cute! I love the half-price idea.

Aimee said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! Thanks for making me smile!

Marie said...

I am dying of laughter! You crack me up! I cant wait to see you on Sat! I hope your still coming!

Sally said...

Good save! I love you!

Nash said...

i was planning on making my VT a cute mason jar of peeps and pastel m&m's with graham cracker crust (a smore) layered in a jar. i had the brilliant idea to wait until after so i could get it all cheap. glad i'm not the only one. i am thinking that's a good idea every year to do easter the day after.
too funny.

Mimi Sue said...

My friend always does Christmas on New Years Day. Her dil's love her (they can be with their families on the real day) AND she gets great deals on presents. Maybe we should all do holidays after the holiday...Mimi

Tracy said...

Love the gumball poopin chicken! I sent my fiance' the Reindeer version when he was in Iraq. He was evidently not amused. I on the other hand thought it to be totally hilarious enough to rip the package open in the store and play with it a while before I bought it!

52knit4 said...

Welcome to the group I like to call "SuperMOM's Anonymous"...those of us that just keep going no matter what the circumstances and our kids are none the wiser....I tell my 5...." you just think you know what's going on"....Keep on doing what you're doing. It will be one of their best memories.

Gibb Family said...

The Easter Bunny was smart! He was on a budget this year. I'm sure he had it all planned out to be Easter Tuesday! But now they will remember that time the Easter Bunny came on Tuesday. Smart little bunny! :)

Katie said...

Bahaha!! That is great!

Oh and I think that my husband and I need to start being a little more covert. See..a few days ago, I pulled out the extra candy that we didn't use and was giving it to my 5 year old...and she said, "mom, sometimes I think YOU are the Easter Bunny." Oh crap. I just said that maybe we shop at the same place! That seemed to satisfy her for now...

Once Upon a Twig said...

I love it! Good save... and the kids got an extended holiday!

happy zombie said...

The E Bunny sure is a cool one! LOVE that pooping chick. Oh I suppose it's laying and egg. So, so, so cool!

cherry said...

Rofl.........you are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh..i needed it. cherry

Wolfie said...

LMAO.... uh oh.... the Easter Bunny sucks huh??? lol

What a great (cute) story!!!

WOLFIE

Angela Yosten said...

LOL!!! too funny! thanks so much for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin