Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Keep on Sewing...

Quilt Con triangle class sampler


MAN! I have been super busy.
So busy I feel like I need to schedule bathroom breaks just to make sure I know it'll be taken care of. Nope, not even kidding, I lose what day we are on on a regular basis. I went to feed the cat and instead put instant…EDITED!!! seriously? The kids came home and I hit "publish" haha…just to show I wasn't kidding about being crazy busy…OKAY
I went to feed the cat this morning and instead put instant oatmeal in her bowl she looked at me and was like "what the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks lady?!" I was like "dude, I'm kind of tired and frazzled, quit judging me!" That was at 5:30 am mind you. I don't drink coffee, but I should really look into natural invigorating/stimulating? type things cause yep…I'm losing my mind. Perhaps it's already been lost? Shhh, I don't know if it is... so just let me be if it is.
my view from under a tree on a snow day while the kiddos had fun sledding down our friend's hill. 
 I'm grateful that it's the snowy and freezing season because I've been huddled in the house working and working and working. Between Quilt Con prep of my classes...
Judgey cat on my ombre bloom quilt and my quilt blocks for Quilt Con ombre class. 
and almost done with my book series!!! YAY!!! Check out GREEN  
BLUE , and PURPLE , are already on Amazon too!!! Whooooot!
 Here's a sneak peek of Orange which will ship starting in March 2015. I can't express how much I am in love with how this series of color books have turned out! And I've gotten so many nice compliments of the Red book that just started shipping to those that have already ordered the series! THANK YOU!!!! There will be a blog hop later on as more of the books start shipping and we can show them off, but for now I'll just tease you with beautiful pictures here and there!
Extra fabric bundles for my Quilt Con triangle class

And well, now I must go back to finishing up my presentations for Quilt Con and then we have to go to orchestra and piano lessons…perhaps I should try to take a shower first though… :)


Follow me on Instagram to see weekly pictures of what I'm working on! 

22 comments:

MyLittleBlueDog said...

Love the ombre bloom quilt and the orange, even though I am not an orange fan... However most importantly, you "went to feed the cat and put instant..." I'm just hanging there to see what comes next... instant... cat food perhaps?

Brianna said...

instant....coffee in the cat dish? ;)

Laura said...

See you in the triangles class! Oh, and you really must finish that sentence as Brianna suggests above. I'm so curious what wound up in the cat dish! Instant oatmeal?

Quilt Fabric Pizazz said...

The colours in the sampler are nice,new and fresh, but as for doing a sampler quilt it reminds me of learning how to quilt way back in the 1970's when I was young and learning. It was all that was offered for the beginner. Just couldn't go there again. But with a new generation - what is old is new again - and the fabrics are soooo much better now than then. Just look at those colours! Gorgeous.

SIMPLESEW said...

You ROCK

SIMPLESEW said...

You ROCK

gigi said...

I was thinking instant coffee.

gigi said...

I was thinking instant coffee.

v and co said...

HA!!!! I just updated! it was INSTANT OATMEAL! man, i've lost my mind. see!!!!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here
Okay, just be careful
Have you tried grape juice? It is good for you and makes ME peppy. Also oranges.
I do drink coffee but not much, one cup a day.
Peppermint teas are good.
I love your creations. That should keep you going :-)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B again: are you taking piano lessons?
I am jealous.
I should be playing regularly, but...
I am taking care of twin 92 year olds.
I love them bc they are my peeps

elizabeth said...

The ombré is gorgeous! Your cat looks just like mine... Tubbs might have eaten the instant oatmeal!!:)

elizabeth said...

It changed orange to ombré!! :/ although your frazzled your creations are beautiful!!:)

v and co said...

Rosemary B no, my 8 year old daughter takes piano. She just started!! I also have three sons: one plays the trumpet, one plays the cello, and one plays the viola!!

v and co said...

Thank you!! Elizabeth! Ombre and Orange are good too :)

Sarina said...

I just got my RED book! Love it! And... I didn't realize the books were hardcover. :). Added bonus! So excited for the rest of these books!
As far as the oatmeal... You never know what the animals will like. Our crazy cat comes running as soon as he hears the blender in the morning- he starts "yelling" at me (I'm not kidding) for his share of protein shake! He LOVES protein shake! Weird cat! It's hilarious!

v and co said...

Sarina! That's awesome!!!! Ha! And yes! All hard cover!!!

Elsa said...

I can relate to being frazzled and doing things that I wouldn't normally do and (I hate to admit it) say. For the better part of a year I was getting maybe 4 hours of sleep a night. It was not fun!

I love love love your work!!! You make the best stuff!!! That fabric is yummy! and the Triangle sampler is beautiful!

Ness said...

I love love all the fabrics!!! Love seing what you do with them! Now I have to go google Quilt Con!!! Sounds great! :)
Thanks for the chuckle and it was comforting to know I'm not the only one with those special moments when my head and hands aren't communicating!! LOL! Life gets crazy fast sometimes!!! hang on tight! haha!

krazgrl said...

I wish I could take a triangles class. Especially with that beautiful bundle of solids. YUMMY!! I'm a little confused on the books and fabrics. The books are slowly being released right? Are the fabrics available to buy in the individual color ways, orange, red, purple etc. or is that just something you put together to showcase the book? Love your newest release of Color Theory. My fave!

Kim-the-girl said...

We are so lucky to be the recipients if your crazy busy life and brain! Love everything you do and have a whole v and co. Collection of stuff to prove it (patterns, craftsy class, just got the gorgeous red book and am eagerly awaiting my shipment of Chile theory fabrics! Yay!)

Keep up the good work. Oh and apples are a wake up food, though I can't eat them in the am for some reason.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B again:
Dear Vanessa, I just want you to know that I know that feeling you are having.
When I feel that way, I tell my retired hubby, "I think I need to scream into a pillow, but I don't have time"
just keep moving, and what keeps my very miniscule portion of sanity, is to write every thing down. lol
<3 Happy Friday

Blog Widget by LinkWithin