Wednesday, May 8, 2013

V and Co: why yes...i'm still sewing.

 well, this week... wait...no, last week and this week have flown by in super hyper drive sonic speed. yep, couldnt decide which one, either way it was fast moving.
and why yes, i am still working on things for market. thanks for asking.
the kids had a day off on monday and we went to the lake... so i could bind a quilt in peace and not have to deal with the "mom, can i play video games?mom can i play with a friend?mom can a friend come over?mom can we do something?mom can i drive you insanely nuts by 9:30 in the morning?" bit. while they played in the sand and yes, even got in the water, i got to sit and bind a quilt, drink a diet dr pepper, and talk and laugh with a friend. i know i would hate me too. it really was such a gorgeous day. and if that were my life every day i would not write about it because i would feel like i was rubbing it in your face, which lets be honest, you wouldnt like that and i'm not that type of girl. no, but because you guys know the life i live (of surviving in a house of amateur comedians of all ages, and finding myself in horrific situations) when i get a moment of utter bliss like this, you and i both feel like "yeah, lady. you totally deserve that."
it's really what keeps me going you know.

 iowa has had some pretty crazy weather. it's been drastic. no ease into spring then into summer.
it's crazy that last week they were talking snow...which we didn't get but just got a lot of cold rainy days...but i know minnesota totally got snow and in some places still has snow on the ground. and now here we are in the high 70's. no complaints about the change we've seen, i like it i live for the heat, and hello we havn't had the humidity yet so yes:
the weather is gorgeous. wish it could stay like this FOR.EV.ER. and i will enjoy every minute i can!
 this last week i played with new ideas for future patterns.
and i had fun playing with both lines together and appliquéing.
more to come on this. but for now i continue to sew. :) and sneaking out every once in a while to get some of the yummy weather.
we'll talk soon!

14 comments:

mascanlon said...

Looking forward to your new line. It looks wonderful with Simply Color!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had such a great day at the lake with the kids and your friend and a quilt to bind!! Sounds wonderful to me.....

Tami

Melissa Corry said...

Love your Double Dresden's. They look fantastic!!! Can't wait to see them at market!!

Rebecca Grace said...

That Dresden variation looks really cute! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Glad you got to enjoy a peaceful day at the beach, and YES, you DO deserve it!

cnydalynn said...

yep we all deserve some r and r:) so glad you got some. everyone needs a recharge.

I LOVE that dresden up there.

Missenota aka Kristin S. said...

Our lake is still iced..that looks so good!

Julie said...

Loving that Dresden = I think I am going to have to invest in more of your fabrics - what a shame.

Marianne @ sew paint it said...

What a lovely day! You did something you loved and the children did too and they were out of the house doing what kids are supposed to do. I so enjoy your blog. I want to try to make a dresden sometime - it is on my list!

Darice said...

I'm so glad you and the kids had such a great day! It just brings that ol stressometer reading right back down where it should be! I've beeen lovin' on your new hopscotch blankie...how wonderful it will be to see it with the new baby #8! (I also have 8 amazing children) wishing your dear friend a house of love, laughter and joyous adventure!! :-D

Darice from North Dakota

Lysa said...

Funny I was just thinking today, that I need to get some quilts done before school is out so I can bind them while at the lake this summer! I'm glad to see it works not just in theory!

Line said...

And are you still cooking? Because, even if you do not sound convinced, your cooking is great & I'm waiting for more recipes!
Well, of course, here in France, I can't do anything from a mix (cake mixes are rare & very different from American ones), but I love having a go at your recipes: it's like being on a vacation in the US... or nearly so!

Patty said...

I used a jelly roll of Simply Color for a "jelly roll race" quilt and love it! I used the zig zag print for binding and it turned out great. Looked like I did a bias binding.

maggielucia said...

Hi there...I fell in love with your Abby bag...last year and still hoping to make one ...I need to convince you to ship one PAPER pattern to Canada pleeeeeze...I know shipping is pricey ..but that is how much I want this ..I do not own a printer and prefer a paper one...could you bend your rules just a little...maggielucia330@gmail.com thanking you in advance Louise

pvc fabric supplier said...

Thank you so much for posting this! Absolutely amazing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin