Tuesday, May 28, 2013

V and Co: still alive

hello! yes, i'm here. 
what?
you wanna hear about market??
yeah i know. 
i want to write about market. i really do. and i have actually placed most pictures in a post (ahem all taken on a phone... i know i suck)...i just have to write the words. and tell the stories...so bear with me it's coming. :)
being home for a week after market and finally clawing out of luggage, emails, and followups...i've been able to also have one full week of just alone time with my mom.


 i don't know if it's the spring allergies or if it's the travel and stress, or a combination of the two that always seem to bring on sinus infections and illnesses at this time of year...but thankfully this year i only hit a few run down days prior and after market.
my mom was here to help so i'm sure that was part of the speedy recovery. :)
we had a great time walking the trails here in my neck of the woods in eastern iowa, and then i remembered growing up i was always either on a bike or trying to catch up with my mom's super speed in walking. man, her little legs flail as if independent from her body and i just had to buckle down and try to keep up this time around as well. i have a feeling this is going to be an ongoing thing as my mom and i both choose walking as our form of exercise/stress release. it was great to have her here and we were all sad to say goodbye to her this last weekend.

in other exciting news...this little 6 year old did her first almost completely independent sewing.
i placed my sewing machine on it's slowest speed, and gave her the borders for a block she wanted to make into a pillow.

she did pretty darn good.
i'll show more on her block AND pillow here soon.
i think this was the highlight of my year thus far.
okay off to sew a few final things before summer vacation officially begins tomorrow at our house.
ahhhhhhh! i mean YAAAAAAY i get to have my kids around 24/7!
can't wait for the first time i get asked a question while i'm on the toilet.
we'll talk soon.

9 comments:

Dedra C said...

Being bother while on the toilet. Good times. I just shared a list on my blogdando if you have half a second. I'm sure you will relate.

http://cheneychattervolume2.blogspot.com/2013/05/do-not-disturb.html?m=1

the momma said...

Glad you are alive! I was beginning to worry ;-) Your DWR is looking super! What template / pattern / tute are you using for it? I love the smaller pieces.
I'm excited to see more of that pillow! (she's going to be so proud of it!!)

Anonymous said...

Question on the toilet....I love it! My kids have asked me why I like to read in the bathroom, and I tell them (there are 7 of them) that it's probably because for a long time that's the only place I could be alone...8-). I teared up a little about your mom. I lost mine when I had just turned 30. That was a bit over 35 years ago. I missed a lot of time with her. Looking forward to seeing your pics and info. Yay for your little one. I don't remember how old I was when I first used a sewing machine (an OLD Singer), but I made myself a dress all on my own when I was 10. My mom always made clothes and such, so I was used to seeing her sew.

CathyK said...

You mean you don't get asked questions while on the toilet all year long?! Lucky...

Patty said...

Great for your daughter sewing. My daughter didn't want any part of sewing so I told her that her daughter (she is only 1 year old) will have to learn how to sew. I agree with "the momma" about your DWR. I love it! And was wondering about the pattern or templates also.

Marianne @ sew paint it said...

You don't mean... they don't grow out of asking questions while you are on the toilet by age 6? I am really disappointed! :)

Trina said...

Glad you are recovering from Market. I have a new online shop so I was able to go, but, like you I was very tired. It was amazing and I met so many wonderful people. Can't wait to go again. P.S. Love your new line, already put my order in.Keep up the good work. rusticroosterquiltshop.com

Trina said...

Glad you are recovering from Market. I have a new online shop so I was able to go, but, like you I was very tired. It was amazing and I met so many wonderful people. Can't wait to go again. P.S. Love your new line, already put my order in.Keep up the good work. rusticroosterquiltshop.com

Angel - Split-site PhD said...

Oh my goodness, I have never seen a child sewing that good. She’s like an expert. I just hope she takes extra precaution while doing it. Just take care and focus on the needle coz’ it will really hurt once you are pricked. Are you making a quilt? The colors are cool and pretty. Hope you could show photos of the finished craft. Ciao!

Please visit My Webblog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin