Friday, March 8, 2013

V and Co: yesterday

yesterday we had a really cold morning...well for march it was cold and for me it most definitely was. it was 2 degrees and the fog had just burned off or moved on...and what it left behind was beautifully frost covered trees. this has got to be one of my most favorite things that happens in winter like weather. all the other crap could go away but the frost covered trees make me super duper happy. 

later today i am sitting with a friend that just had her gallbladder taken out. we are watching a chick flick and i am going to hand embroider a little spring-y type thing to help remind me that even though march looks like that outside...spring should be right around one of these corners...please??
a small how to on how to make my spring-y embroidery coming at ya on monday. :)  oh and stay warm if your outside looks like that too. and if it doesnt i don't want to hear about your fabulous weather. 
have a fantabulous weekend. we'll talk soon.

17 comments:

MalinisQuilts said...

You're so funny!
That is one beautiful picture.
We have a snow storm here in Boston and daughter out of school. So, there goes my quilting day :-).

Enjoy!
Malini

Mary @ Mary Manson Quilts said...

What a beautiful picture! Looks cold though.

AuntieCrafty said...

The picture is so pretty that it looks like a watercolor rather than a photo. Love it! Still cold and snowy here in Chicago.

Donna said...

The frost covered trees are my favorite thing about winter. Altho one day I walked out into the bitter cold (single digits like you) and the air was kind of crystallized and the crystals would sparkle when the sun hit them. It was magical, sparkly air!

Leslie Unfinished said...

That could be a lovely Christmas card.

Lisas Mom said...

What a beautiful sight! Luv how the blue sky seeps through the branches. It hardly ever snows on the valley floor. We'd have to drive up to nearby Yosemite to see & enjoy the snow.

janequiltsslowly said...

I'm one of those strange people that actually loves winter, so I'd like to have my world looking like yours. Love little sticheries too so I'll check in again. Happy weekend.

pamela said...

Perfect picture!

Shalini said...

I live in Sunny Singapore. Its tropical weather here all year round. We get very subtle changes in weather with our winter being 27-29deg max and 23deg min. Its very hot here at the moment, but we have a lovely breeze. Not trying to make you jealous or anything, you said you wanted to hear about different weather. :-D

Unknown said...

Ooh you make me miss home with that pic, transplanted Iowan here. Love your designs btw!

ana.gr said...

amazingly beautiful!

Judi said...

Isn't it funny how we're never happy with what we've got?? I live in the south of the UK, and we maybe get snow twice a year, so when we do, I absolutely adore looking at it. I used to enjoy playing out in it with the grandkids, but over recent years my back problems have become so bad that everyone's terrified I'll slip over, so I'm confined to the house when it snows now, lol. We have some forecast for tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Love it .... for a couple of days!!!

Have a great weekend

Judi

Pots and Pins said...

I wish we had snow! But it's not raining in Seattle so I won't complain!! I love the picture - think I might have to paint it!!

glenda said...

Wow! Vanessa, that photo is really striking! Love it. We have mornings like that here in Eastern Oregon too. It make driving to work early in the cold a lot more enjoyable.

bdaiss said...

Oh yes, frost covered trees are the BEST thing about winter. So beautiful!

MegJill said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

susanne @ patternpile.com said...

Beautiful photo. Would make a lovely landscape quilt.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin