Tuesday, April 26, 2011

V and Co: in Quilts and More Magazine

hey there! sorry so quiet over here. we had family from L.A. here and we had "spring break" (i write it in quotations because it snowed and rained most of the time. and when it wasn't snowing or raining there was wind. and sometimes the snow/rain/wind would come all together.)
yay. *laced with sarcasm*
needless to say the kids and i were housebound most of the time and we had a jolly good 'ol time trying not to want to rip each other's faces off by the end of the "vacation".
happy to say they are now back in school. and i'm just so grateful that summer vacations are nothing like spring vacations, and we get to go to some kind of water facility every day so we can be happy tired people by the end of the day. and no one wants to scratch anyone else's eyes out by the end of it. :) yes i can't wait till summer!

now, fun stuff to talk about...


i have a simple quilt in this summer's edition of Quilts and More magazine.
paired with some doilies, and monochromatic fabrics i think this would be fabulous for the new mom, and baby to be. i think simple elegance when i look at this quilt.
my quilter was Felicia Graves (long arm quilter)
the fabric is "stone" by moda fabrics in their bella solids
and the cream is bella solids as well.
the cream doilies were found either at micheal's or walmart, but how fun would it be if you had time to go to second hand stores to check out their selection?

then pair it up with an adorable little onesie embellished with a doily as well to seal the deal.
:)

tomorrow we have a giveaway :)
i'll be over here: trying to pack up our house/get rid of things/trying to sew in the middle of everything/oh my goshing there's only two weeks till market...
if you need me.
we'll talk soon.

29 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

That quilt is simply gorgeous! I love how classic it looks with that beautiful quilting!
Just Lovely!
xoxo,
Amy

Timolily said...

Oooh, you get to go to market? How cool is that! *jealous* Love the quilt ♥ We have beautiful doilies over here in the second hand shops..French ladies do love their lace :-)

trish said...

I agree. Simple elegance. :o)
I am just curious how you attach the doily to either the fabric for the quilt, or the onesie.
A huge congrats on your publishing again in Quilts and More!! :o)
We went to place an order for the Moda book in your shop and it showed that they are sold out. Do you have plans of restocking?
Sincerely, Trish

V and Co. said...

ha! jealous of YOUR second hand stores! i can only dream of it! ;)

Missy said...

Congratulations on your publication!!! It is a beautiful quilt that would be great for anything.
I hear you on "spring break". My big man had a 4 day weekend they called spring break. Although I love my big man, I am glad he is back at school today.

Sherri said...

Wait...just two weeks till market, right? I look forward to meeting you!

Leila said...

Perfectly timeless. I wish Felicia lived by me!

KendasCrafts said...

Great idea! How did you attach the doilies?

bethanndodd said...

Simple and sweet...adorable! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week :)

Ruth said...

That quilt is beautiful! I just love it!

emily and logan said...

wow. I love that quilt!! so simple and so beautiful.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Congrats on the publish! That's a beautiful quilt. Good luck getting ready for market.

Justcallmeblessed said...

I LOVE the quilt!! The colors are really nice!

"TELA MARINERA" said...

Wonderfull quilt !!!!!!
Marta from Barcelona

Anonymous said...

LOL....thank you for letting me stop by...heehee do I remember those days...ahhhh rainy vaCATIONS... MAKES YOU WANT to move and not tell anyone.... Glad you all survived. and the onsie... How cute...fantastic idea, thank you.

Janet said...

What a terrific idea - thanks so much for sharing it, and for the heads up on the new issue!

Kristyne said...

Such a beautiful, soft quilt. Who knew taupe could look so ... girly? I especially like how the top-stitching design give an overall twirling effect.

Hope I get to meet you at Market!

Cheryl said...

beautiful quilt...and I do agree with you on the simple elegance. I find I am getting more into that style myself these days.

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations Vanessa, that's exciting! Hope it warms up for you soon,

Elisabeth

maggie said...

Wow Vanessa,
Love the quilt, you are so clever. Very elegant. Good on you!
maggie

Evelene S said...

The quilt came out so pretty and elegant. Good luck with the show, packing is such a pain. So glad to hear you survived spring break.

V and Co. said...

you can applique the doily's on. that's what i did.

sarah*spunda said...

Beautiful! Wish I'd seen this before the babe was born...not a chance I'll have time now! Glad to hear someone else's "spring break" was so lovely....add in a cancelled trip to grandma's, some fevers and a little vomit and you've got our "break". Love the "rip each other's faces off" part...so true!

Lisa said...

I have a box full of doilies from my husband's grandmother and was looking for the perfect way to encorporate them. I love them on a quilt great idea!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beautiful, and congrats :)

Stacey said...

I was waiting in line at the check out at JoAnn Fabrics flipping through this magazine and I saw the quilt and fell in LOVE! My Nana made tons and tons and TONS of doilies... and when she passed away, we were left with a whole bunch. I didn't pick up the magazine at the store and I didn't remember what magazine I had seen it in, so I googled "doily quilt"... when I finally came across the image of the quilt I was SO excited! Thank you for such a wonderful idea! I'm so excited to incorporate her work into mine!

Gigi's Thimble said...

LOVE your quilt. Congrats on being published in that magazine!

Beth@seasonsofhome said...

What an elegant quilt. It's so classic. I actually have some doilies from my grandma that I've saved and this is perfect for them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin