Friday, October 10, 2008

Hijacking the blog...again


My Dearest Vanessa,

Since we’ve been separated again I have felt an emptiness that can only be explained by being apart from the woman I love so dearly. As a result, I have spent the last couple of weeks frequently thinking back to the first time I saw you. Above all else it was your smile that drew me to you and I knew at that moment that I wanted to be with you. To this day there is nothing that brings me greater happiness than to see you smile at me, whether it is for something silly that I said or because it just so happens to be one of those moments when our souls seem to connect and we are simply happy to be together. I am forever sorry that we have to be apart, but I know that the time will go quickly and we will soon be together. Then we will be able to sit on the porch and watch the sun set, or work side by side in the garden. But more than anything, I ache for the time when I can hold you in my arms, kiss you softly, and whisper in you ear that I will never leave you again.

Eternally yours,
GI Joe husband

16 comments:

V and Co. said...

you dork you arn't suppose to make me cry! and now look what you've done, people are going to think we are all lovey dovey and gross like that! :) i love you thank you...and until we meet again.

V and Co. said...

oh and one more thing...nice picture, you couldn't find one of me NOT 8 and half months pregnant? >;)

Stacy said...

sniff sniff. so beautiful. i wish you the best GI Joe Hubs and a safe return.

~Stacy

Mindy said...

V, it's a gorgeous picture of you! I needed a good cry today... thanks, GI Joe. ;)

Marci said...

holy cow...i thought that you were writing to yourself again...like the conversation below about the bernina. what a sweetheart! awwww

Georgia Girl said...

Now that's better than the movies...True Love! How sweet!

Katie said...

Good heavens that was fantastic! Thanks for the good cry, I needed it!

Sandy said...

Aw! That's definitely a kleenex-required one! And you do NOT look pregnant at all in that picture:)

girlsmama said...

Oh my...and you look beautiful V.

Ashli said...

sweet, sweet, and sweet.

Trixi said...

Oh, my how incredibly sweet. You two are blessed!!

twinkle twinkle baby, twinkle twinkle said...

That is so sweet! What a great couple you two are!

Jen Stewart said...

Holy Cow! What a guy! We pray for you two all the time. Love you V, hang in there and keep counting the days.

Cook Family said...

You weren't the only one who cried! And he's not even my husband. I was reading it to Trevor not knowing what it entailed and I started to cry, especially the last part. You're a lucky woman.

Bonnie said...

Vanessa...so sweet and darling photo as well.Jake is a cutie. I can say that since I am old enough to be his mom! I love how your kids are the perfect blend of you two!

Team Clark said...

Wow, Jake - you're so sweet!
And Vaness, I was pretty close to a tear myself!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin