Wednesday, October 23, 2013

V and Co: new patterns fall 2013

okay be forewarned. LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES. :)

okay well i finally get to show off the patterns that will go with color me happy.
this time around i had a lot help. between pattern testing, editing, and then having fabric show up only 11 days ago i had many who also helped with the sewing.
lani, erika, megan, amy, and sarah (who does not have a blog but is a wonderful friend and seamstress), were HUGE in helping me get to market with patterns and projects ready this time around. thank you ladies, there is NO way i was going to be able to make it without your help.
but first things first! the winner of the yummy jelly roll before it hits stores!


Blogger Saltwater Quilts said...
I love your style and so I am not surprised the fabrics in your line are gorgeous! I am crazy about the ombre fabrics. This is one line where I will have to purchase some sort of bundle of the whole line. I love all of the fabrics. Congratulations on all of your success and your beautiful fabric line!

whoooooot! you are the winner lady! congrats! and thank you ALL for the lovely comments about the new line.

okay so now are you ready to see what we've done with the fabric?

onto the patterns:
first we have flower box

flower box is beautiful quilt pattern, perfect throw size instructions are included, the pattern uses two quilt blocks alternating for the whole quilt. just add more alternating blocks to make the quilt larger or just make four to create a perfect little baby size quilt.



the quilt featured measures: 52" x 68"
was quilted by felicia graves

buy the pdf pattern here
buy the paper pattern here

the banner featured in the pictures will be a free pattern later on this spring when the fabric comes to stores.
 it features using moda's newest precut that big slice of pizza looking thing that i can not for the life of me remember what it's called. anyways, look for it this spring i'll give step by step pictures and instructions here on the blog for shop owners and individuals for ideas on how use this precut! :) yay!

okay so you know i have a soft spot for pillows. so this time around it was the perfect time to introduce a pattern that includes a few of my favorite pillows:

the textured throw pillow pattern includes: 
instructions for faux pleats, twists and braided pillows

these faux pleated pillows are made using my new ombre block fabric:
this fabric is pretty darn cool each of the stripes are 5 1/2" each. and i have had a lot of fun with the fabric i've been able to work with at this time. i have a lot more up my sleeve when it comes to this fabric so stay tuned. ;) 
faux pleated pillows are 17" square finished.

next is the braided pillow.
this awesome pillow is my ever popular pillow i made a long time ago. it uses a jelly roll and it comes out looking pretty cool. :)
it's an awesome way to use a jelly roll or lots of scraps. :) scrap busting is always a good thing so you can make more room for new stuff.
braided pillow is 17" x 25" finished
last but not least in the textured pillow pattern we have the twisted flowers. this pillow is pretty and would be a gorgeous addition to any couch or little girls room. this one measures 20" x 20" finished and is using my new fabric but this one: 
is using the ombre fabric you can get your hands on now. (it looks extra sweet in my past ombre fabrics if i do say so myself) ;) 
so to recap:
faux pleated pillows 17" x17" finished
braided pillow: 17" x 25"finished
and 
twisted pillow: 20" x 20" finished


up next is a personal favorite lucky stars:

 lucky stars has a pixalated look to it and looks way more complicated than it is
 this pattern uses nine patches upon nine patches. and is pretty great at stash busting. i give you instructions using 2 jelly rolls and white stars but who's to say you can't do the opposite and do a low volume scrappy part and bright looking stars? no one! go for it! or make it as is. it's pretty and its a fast quilt to make.
this quilt measures 54" x 72" 
was quilted by megan bohr. 

perfect to show off or use your favorite fabric line or fabrics together...
the instructions are step by step on how to make a string block zipper pouch...
 but check it out! color me happy has a couple of laminate coated fabrics!
the 2 different sizes included are:
a large zipper pouch measuring 9" x 5"
and a little zipper pouch perfect for your hex's and little scissors or thread measuring 6" x 3"
or use the laminates to create great makeup bags. :)
seriously who doesn't love having zipper pouches? 

next up we have to the point quilt pattern:
another favorite. okay fine, they all are my favorite.

this pattern solely uses one fabric (the ombre color block fabric) but it looks like you are using 4 different shades of the same color.

the ombre comes in 5 different colors with each coming in 4 shades. if i had more time i would have made a quilt using all 5 ombres in one quilt. and i will after market. :)

there are two quilts sizes included in the pattern. the ones shown are the baby size. they measure 40" square.
the throw size measures 64" x 80"
these are seriously yummy if you ask me. :)

next and last on the list is a quilt pattern i've had in my head for a long time. i was just waiting for the right fabric line. 
this line was it.
introducing handmade:
this pattern again showcases the ombre color block fabric as the body of the sewing machine.
and is for the sewing enthusiast. do you love to make handmade things? this quilt is for you. do you know someone who likes to make things this quilt is for them. 
would love to see if you choose the same aqua sewing machine color or if you are a pink, blue, grey or lime sewing machine girl. 

quilt measures 64" x 70"
was quilted by angela walters
and is pretty darn awesome.
true story.

buy pdf pattern here
buy paper pattern here.
phew! that was a lot of work and a lot of pictures. but i feel like its worth it to show them off properly.

but i'm not done...

life would not be complete this time around without some matching thread right??



introducing color me happy thread. matching my newest line perfectly.




we are doing something new this time. you can PRE ORDER my thread in my shop. please allow a few weeks and then you will get notice when your thread order is on its way!!! :)

PRE ORDER thread here.

there you have it.
what i've been working on for what seems like forever.


now for a little extra fun and a thank you:


for 35% off all (old and new) PDF patterns tell me which one is your favorite pattern in the comment section then enter 35HAPPY when you check out. sale ended friday october 25.

and really you could just skip telling me here and just get the 35 percent off...but i actually like to hear what you guys think! okay off to pack.
i'm tired. you tired? can't.stop.now.

79 comments:

Leanne V said...

HI Vanessa, love the flower box pattern!

MalinisQuilts said...

Handmade is definitely my favorite pattern.

All other patterns are super cool too!
Hmmm now I have to think which colors to use for handmade quilt ;)

Barbara M. said...

I love the pillows! Barbara

QuiltLaughLove said...

Flower Box is fabulous!

kervei said...

Wow! Great use of the ombre...

~Kelie~ said...

I love all the patterns!!! I think my fav is a tur between the flower box quilt and the braided pillow!!! The fabric is gorgeous!!!!!

Joan and Kevin said...

I love Flower Box!

Megan said...

I'm ridiculously stoked about this fabric. And the patterns. You just can't stop making all the awesome!!

Kate said...

Your new fabrics look fabulous, and I'm loving Flower Box :-)

Happy Mama said...

I can't choose, I love them all! And the colours are perfectly happy. Dreaming of filling my kids' rooms with such gorgeousness!

Lori said...

Love love love the flower box pattern!! Congratulations on all your new patterns.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I can pick a favorite. First the fabric is super gorgeous so it makes everything look amazing. I love Flower Box, but To the point looked so great in the pics. I also loved all the textures and colors of the pillows and the zipper pouches...Thanks for the discount looks like I will need it.

Anonymous said...

I love all of them, but "to the point" really got my attention. I've been looking for a quilt to make for someone special, and now I've found it.

kathy said...

I have two favorites; Flower box and To the Point

rmsreid said...

I really love flower box and the string zip pouch. Flower box is great because of the vintage modern feel, a modern reinterpretation of the bethlehem or carpenters star. The strung sip pouch is just fun!

Cindy said...

Wow Vanessa- you have been BUSY!! What beautiful pictures and gorgeous patterns! I love them ALL but especially the pillows and the Point pattern, and the zipper pouch and Flower Box and did I mention that ombre fabric? Ohhh my!:) Congratulations and continued success!!

Sally K said...

Oh! You've done it again! What a great new fabric line and awesome new patterns. My favorite is "to the point" followed closely by the pillow pattern. Can't wait to get all the patterns and some of your fabric in my sewing room.

terrieannie said...

Wow, tough choice. I love triangle quilts, so To the Point is pulling me, BUT I'm going with the pillow pattern, because I know I can get smaller projects actually finished!

laurie said...

You did a fantastic job of showcasing your fabrics and patterns. Thanks for sharing!! My favorite are the Flower Box and To The Point.

Funky Kim said...

I'm off to purchase Lucky Stars! I adore it!

AuntieCrafty said...

I love the Lucky Stars pattern and the braided pillow.

RCWfamily said...

I can't pick just one! I love the handmade, to the point and lucky stars! Handmade may be the top of the list!

Thimbleanna said...

They're all beautiful V! Flower Box is definitely my favorite!

Cindy said...

To the point is awesome and also lucky stars

Susanne said...

Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see them in person this week....and you too I hope!

Jessica Munk said...

You're amazing! The quilts are beautiful and stunning! I don't even know which is my favorite! I'm loving the ombré fabric so much!

K said...

I'm in love with flower box! I just bought bernina 780 so that will be my first quilt on my new machine!

Kim said...

I love the Flower Box pattern! I'm also definitely going to have to get the pattern for all those beautiful pillows!!!

Valerie said...

For me it's a toss up between To the Point and Flower Box!

Gina S said...

Love the pillows and To the Point. Thanks for the 35% off!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

OMG V - where to begin!??! It's all super fabulous! No wonder your little head is spinning! I love the colors most of all and then within any pattern, they are showcased so nicely! Each fabric line you do compliments any one of your patterns. I'm so impressed and proud of you! Great Job!! Good luck in Houston!
P.S......secretly jonesin' for that braided pillow pattern!

Wens said...

Wow there is a TON of work in that post!! Congratulations! I can't wait to buy myself some ombré fabric :)

Teresa said...

I really love Homemade, and the Star quilt and the ombre quilt - oh heck I love them all too.

Kim-the-girl said...

I, too, love them all! But the braided pillow takes my breath away, the flower box is awesome and lucky stars just makes me smile. Great job on everything, you are so blessed to have such talent! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Gretchen said...

I'll be picking up Lucky Stars and maybe a few more

agnes said...

I love the handmade sewing machine quilt pattern - it's fantastic!

Bethany said...

I am just loving it all! Thank you for the discount! I love the to the point quilt, I think I will have to wait for your lovely fabric to come out before I start it! Also, that thread collection is fabulous!

cindy.singer said...

I LOVE this fabric!! My daughter is 12 and we have been searching for just the right fabric for a new quilt for her bed. When she saw this she was so excited!!! Can't wait to get some and start sewing!! Favorite pattern is either To the Point or Lucky stars, it's too hard to choose!!

Sharon S said...

I really like To The Point Love the Ombres,

chanina said...

I am seriously loving Flower Box and Lucky stars right now! Cannot wait for this line to be available!

Christine S said...

To the point and flower box are awesome...well they all are!!!

Kelly O. said...

LOVING Handmade!!! but I also love To The Point and Lucky Stars!

Hildy said...

I love the flower box pattern, it's great!
hildy(at)ebertzeder(dot)de

Karen said...

Wait! Are turnovers coming back?! I had a table topper pattern that uses them and I could never find any! LOVE THEM and very excited your line is one that has them.

Lisa E said...

Have fun at Market and get some sleep! Love Flower Box. Must purchase that one.

Jeanie said...

You are awesome! Love everything, but "handmade" has me smiling from ear to ear.

Material Mary said...

My goodness...the fun things you have designed make me giddy...can't wait to get some of that ombre fabric and make a few of these patterns up!!!
Mary

Alison said...

Love all of them, but I think Handmade is my favourite.

Lisas Mom said...

I like your "To The Point" quilt.

Jennifer said...

Really? I have to choose? Guess, I will have to go with Handmade, but I really love them all with your always wonderful fabrics!

Alison said...

Vanessa, I've just purchased the pdf Handmade Pattern. Now all I need to do is find someone in Melbourne (Australia) who is stocking your new ombre fabric, or else wait until I am in the USA in eleven days and purchase it there. I think that is the best option. I also want to get your set of Aurifil threads.
Have a great quilt market I am sure your entire range will be successful.

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE them all but I think Flower Box is on the top! I'm off to shop and add some of these fabulous patterns to my collection!

Kelly said...

I think the pillows are about all I can handle with my limited skills but I love To The Point!

Sarina said...

Love flower box and lucky stars and the new ombré fabric is AWESOME!

Marianne said...

For right now my favorite pattern is Lucky Stars. LOVE all of your new fabric and patterns!

Barbara said...

The sewing machine quilt is on my wish list. I appreciate the diversity in your patterns. Congratulations on your new collection.

llavmc said...

I love the flower box pattern!

Kathie said...

You have been blessed with so much talent and an entertaining personality. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love Lucky Stars. I also love, love, love the braided pillow.

Unknown said...

Wow what can I say I love everything the quilts and pillows you're amazing.

Vicky Janzen said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT to start sewing...I have the perfect little people for just about every pattern you created!! Since I sooooo very much loved kaleidoscope (barn quilt) I have to say that Flower box might make it's home on my little gal's bed :) and To the Point will be PERFECT for a certain little nephew coming in February...now to get my hands on that fabric...and just for me well handmade is just for me. Gorgeous, gorgeous, like butterflies in my stomach excited. Thanks for all the hard work that went into these!!

Amy in VA said...

To the Point! Love luv this one

Stacy Wilson said...

Good Luck at market. These are truly amazing!! I LOVE the ombre, love love love it. The pleated pillow and the twisted "flower" pillow are amazing, I can't pick which one is my favorite. I also love the To the point quilt. Amazing.

Lorraine said...

I really like all your patterns but the flower box and houndstooth are my fav

mennikelly said...

Flower box and To the Point are my favorites. Hope you are having a wonderful time at market.

Malmbergs said...

Love Flower Box pattern. Just ordered it but couldn't get the 35% discount to work when checking out. Thought I would let you know in case any one else is having the same problem. Thanks for all your beautiful creativity that keeps us quilters happy.

ResourcefulPathCoach said...

OMG, I LOVE all of them. But if I have to pick, I have to say it is Flower Box and To the Point. Congrats!!! Can't wait for the fabric to come out also.

Heather said...

I can't decide if Lucky Star or To The Point is my favorite! You did a great job with this line!

Malia Mayed It said...

I think Lucky Stars is my favorite. I saw it over on Happy Quilting and instantly wanted the pattern for a scrap buster! I hope to try it soon! Your work is lovely. =)

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

I love all of your new patterns! I am amazed by the new fabric line. It is absolutely Happy! I think my favorites are the ombre fabric and the Handmade pattern. Though I see myself making the pillows and the "to the point" pattern first.

Lorraine said...

Flower Box is my favorite! Can't wait to make it.

kait. said...

It's so hard to choose, I love your quilt designs so much. Of this batch, Flower Box is my favorite, and I've always loved Barn Dance. Thanks for the discount!

Rachel said...

The flower box pattern is my fav!

C said...

Love the Just Dandy pattern!

jodi @ back40life said...

I'm loving the pink twisted textured pillow - so cute!

Cheryl said...

My favorite new patterns are To the Point, Lucky Stars and String Block zipper pouch . The new fabric is yummy. I especially like the geometrics.

Katie Cohagen said...

I love flower box!

Pam said...

I love your new line of fabric and cannot wait to purchase it! I love the String Block Zipper Pouch, Lucky Stars and Flower Box. I am going to do some Ombre in To The Point for sure! What great inspiration!!

Casey York said...

It was lovely to meet you at Market, Vanessa. Love the new line (and thinking about using it for an upcoming project!). Thank you so much for letting me use your applique quilts in my presentation on modern applique later this month!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin