Thursday, January 31, 2013

V and Co: dresden plates

 there's no secret i have a thing for dresden plates. and where i don't have a quilt made out of dresden plates, i do like the make them and one of my favorite places to put them is on cute little pouches.

after i posted this picture of my little sewing pouch with the dresden plate made out of simply color, you guys exploded my email inbox with questions about it.

and then i posted this picture:

also a dresden plate only a very large dresden plate. and using my dot fabric from simply color.
and if i thought my inbox exploded the first time, i was wrong.
you guys had a ton of questions on the fabric, the size, tools to make it and so forth.

 so here's the deal. i just made another little pouch to give as a gift and i thought. duh i should have taken pictures of how to make the dresden on this.

this time instead of doing a circle in the middle i added a hexagon. LOVE IT.
and now, here i am telling all of you...i'm going to show you how to make different sizes and different middles and give you suggestions on where to put your dresden plates.
so this next month randomly i'll do in between other things how to's on dresdens.
okay?
okay.
now if you'll excuse me, i am 94 percent done with my new patterns so i can place them in my shop. i have 5 new patterns. yes, 5... this next fabric line was fun to work with...i have waaaaay more i'd like to do with it...but i couldn't fit it all in cause there are only 24 hours in the day and i have little noisemakers that keep asking me to be their mother and feed them and crap like that. i am really excited to show them all to you. and in the next couple of weeks i will.
okay but for now that 6 percent needs to be taken care of so we'll talk soon.
and watch for the dresden plates and watch for a few block of the months that i'm part of! all in the month of february.
we'll talk soon!

18 comments:

LeAnn said...

I"m looking forward to learning. I don't think I have the patience for a whole quilt of Dresden plates but I think a pouch is a do-able project! :)

Tamie said...

You are too funny. I have a 15 year old left at home and husband who still want me to feed them, do laundry and take her here and there and crap like that.

Rebecca Grace said...

You are such a fabric-picking genius! I LOVE how fresh and modern your Dresden Plates look. I made 8 Dresden Plates about a month before the holidays in bright, happy floral prints, but then I ran out of steam when it came time to pick out the background fabric. The ladies at the LQS were suggesting this yucky textured cream fabric that screamed "COUNTRY KITCHEN" and I couldn't find anything that I was excited about. Now I've been informed that my 4 year old niece has -- LITERALLY -- loved her baby quilt to pieces, and I want to use my Dresden Plates to whip up a new quilt in time for her March 10th birthday. SO... Inquiring minds want to know! Can you please share which fabric line and color your gray and tan background fabrics came from? Pretty please?

Also, I love your hexagon center, and the plate you made with all the same fabric has got me all kinds of inspired. I'm thinking ombre fabrics, all kinds of border prints... It's like an instant kaleidoscope!

CathyK said...

LOVE that hexi in the center of the Dresden!!!!! Can't wait for next month! :)

able mabel said...

The hexagon center totally adds to it. I prefer it over the circle.

Annalia said...

Can't wait! ...and I love the grey and aqua hexie dresden pouch (that was a mouthful!)- so cute!

trish said...

How fun is that! :o)

Miwako said...

Yay! I cannot wait. Now, do you realize next month starts tomorrow!? : )

Snickerdoodle Stew said...

You know...if some of that new line happened to fall of the back of the truck, I'm sure I could find PLENTY to do with it. ;) Love the Dresdens!!!

Mystica said...

So pretty.

Kristy said...

I love the hexagon in the middle too! Now I can make a dresden and use my GO cutter to cut either a circle or a hexagon! Cool ! Your small dresdens are super cute! Glad you are going to give us some tips. K-

Amy said...

i dont even know how i stumbled upon your blog the other day, but i am in love with it..and this pouch! i am not a quilter so this small project seems very do-able as a 1st project..i'm so excited to learn this..and i also like the hexagon better than the circle, gives it that little extra punch.

Libby said...

Love the Hexi in the center of the Dresdan ! Looking forward to learning more projects ~ Heck ~ looking forward to hearing from you again period.....you cheer me up

Michele said...

Darling! Love the hexie center.

Stephanie Schofield said...

I'm seriously in love with the hexagon center. I think a star would be adorable too, especially with the dot fabric. Looking forward to future posts!

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

OMG!!! A hexie in the middle!!! You are a GENIUS! (And I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that first! ;) )

-Amanda-

Kelly said...

Woah woah! Your dotty Dresden plate is so utterly wonderful! I love it and I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

Kelly said...

Your dotty Dresden plate makes me swoon - soooo lovely! I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin