Monday, March 14, 2011

now available: The Abby Bag Pattern


well! all i have to say is THANK YOU for the wonderful response on my newest pattern! by far this is the best pre-order success my little shop has ever experienced! thank you to all who ordered over the last few days!

a little about this bag:
it's large 21" x
i'm hoping to make another one as my quilt market bag. but i also think that i'll make one for all of our pool days coming this summer. oh and i've already used it for church. yeah it's a good size.
did i mention it's reversible? no? oh yeah it is. :) and if your day excursions run into the late afternoon mid evening...the bow can double as a scarf! ah! i really love it as a scarf...but i love it more as a bow.
so yes, thanks for the pre-order love. glad you got to use the discount...pattern has been tested and it's a go. so you should be able to check your email sometime this morning and see that its made it to you!

i'm working on a couple of tutorials and a couple of new patterns. yeah, i'm trying to stay busy, while the kiddos are at school... because once summer comes...it's back to visiting the beach (and my mom!) and well...the pool every.single.day. i love summer. it makes me want to be outside and by a body of water. but hold on i'm getting ahead of myself. we're just getting ready to hit spring...or around these parts "swinter" because we don't really get rid of snow till about june. yay. but it's okay i'll just keep sewing.

we'll talk soon.

23 comments:

Rebekah said...

The bow-to-scarf conversion is pretty brilliant!

Hincha's said...

Did the patterns come out yet? I haven't got mine yet. I can't wait to make this bag. It is super cute. A pool/summer bag would be fun too. Let me know if the patterns for the Abby bag came out yet. I am ready for mine.

Sam said...

I love this so much, I had to break down and buy the pattern even though I'm supposed to be on a pattern diet. :) Can't wait to make it!

Anna said...

seriously love this vanessa. it's just so cute! and I love that it's roomy!

Mama Duck said...

Got my pattern this morning! Can't wait to make this in Bonnie and Camille's "Bliss"! *sigh* LOVE this bag!!! :)

emma said...

aahhh! I love it!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

SO LOVE THIS. I was not among the pre order groupies, but that is only cause I forgot...I plan to but it ASAP...which means probably tonight. LOVE it. I already know what fabric I am going to use.

You are a clever girl.

rissa80@gmail.com

Kellie said...

True Love!!

Tiffany said...

Look how creative you are! Oh wait we already knew that! I love it!

Lisa said...

Love this bag...it will be the perfect shopping bag.

Steph said...

V - you are SUPER talented. That purse is amazing... and one day, when I can sew more than a straight line and can actually follow directions (without winging it because I am so bad at following directions!) I might just buy your patterns! Honest! :) Until then, I will continue to be in awe of your creativity and talent.

Marie said...

Super cute!!

gramma/mom said...

Hi Vanessa, my heart goes out to you...And all 'therapy' aside, sometimes there are other things going on...in the case of some of my kids and now some of their kids, food allergies and intolerances played a big part in our "troubles". There is a great article in "living Without" magazine (feb/mar. issue) about corn allergy that is an example. We also have wheat problems--it took us 18 years of stomach problems, depression, anxiety, etc. to finally figure that one out, but are so glad we did and could now spot it in the grandkids earlier. Kids aren't "bad" naturally but they often go without the help they need til we find the right places to look.:) You're awesome--and the bag is adorable too! a slo-town grandma :)

trish said...

Your bag is just the cutest. :o)
And that scarf! Hello! To cute!
{ sewing such as this is way out of my league-for now-so I am admiring your talents!! :o) }
love ya!
Trish

hydeeann @ splish splash stash said...

i didn't think i really liked handmade bags. but that bow! i may be converted and making an order soon. just darling. =)

Very Shannon said...

OH this is fabulous!!!!!!!!! Love it! Another great pattern!

Dale P. said...

Love the bag but also love the fabric. What line is it??

Summer said...

I just finished the first version of the Abby bag last night and I have to say THANK YOU! Your patterns are always great and make me feel like I'm GOOD at this! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Unknown said...

Is it to late to get a copy of the pattern ? Is so cute ! Thanks

Mary said...

I ordered this pattern, but can't find a cute fabric I like. Do you have any store recommendations?

Anonymous said...

Love it, especially the bow. Will be sporting this around the streets on Scotland an on the beach in Spain this summer :)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love this. Will be sporting it arounds the streets in Scotland and on the beach in Spain this summer :).

Lisa

Staximo said...

I ordered the pattern and finally I sew this bag the last w-end. I also talked about it on my italian blog.
I'ts a great project!!!

Simona

Blog Widget by LinkWithin