Monday, February 14, 2011

why i keep doing what i do

since i could remember i was making stuff.
i really like it. you could almost say i love it. yeah, i would say i love it a lot.
but, one thing is making stuff and enjoying it yourself and then there's this really cool thing of having others kind of like the stuff you make too. (and kind of scary as well)

BUT the best part about creating stuff (for me) is giving instructions, and sitting back and watching others create stuff and start to have the same passion to make stuff too.
this is why i continue to do what i do.
i LOVE to see you guys get so excited that you created something all because i gave a few instructions on how i got the final product.

like take for example my houndstooth quilt. i'm starting to get emails, tweets and comments saying "i'm almost done!!!" or "it was an easy pattern to follow!" or "i love it!" to all of you, i say: "SWEET! show me pictures!!!"
take kelli for example.
kelli has finished my houndstooth quilt...she made this her trial run...of for what you say? she's working up the nerve to make it into a king size for her bed. kelli you go for it. and when you do i'll shout from the mountain tops of how cool it looks on your bed.

one place that i've not been going to and showing off too much these days (sorry! i'll be try to be better) is the V and Co. flicker page.
i went there this weekend and was floored with how many projects have been uploaded!
here are just a few:
Heart Pillow

slfarn made this pillow using my gathered heart pillow tutorial

fabricbracelet

anna from noodlehead made this bracelet using my fabric bracelet pdf pattern


Baby Doll Quilt

the crafty cupboard using my baby doll quilt tutorial made this little quilt.

Baby Girl Quilt

the crafty cupboard again. her version of my moda bake shop baby girl quilt

098

bubbly 817 made her adorable bag using my favorite bag pdf file with the fabric flower attachement

IMG_2594
oh and you guys love that eat, play sleep, repeat quilt i made for the moda bake shop. yes you do.
here's a cute one by lindsey hines


Eat. Play. Sleep. Repeat.

from scott and laura hilton i'm loving the baby shot on the blankie!
Lake Orta Romance Rings

the sewing princess's ring using my fabric flower ring tutorial

IMG_4394

mompsyd1 added some flower power using my satin flower tutorial

cinderella skirt
cinderella skirt 3

make it your own took my argyle scarf pdf and created her own idea of an adorable little skirt for her daughter!

so guys thanks for making my part time job away from my full time job as a mom, cleaner of messes, wiping up pee from the toilet extraordinaire, that much more enjoyable.

here's to another season of creating.
we'll talk soon.

ps i'm almost done working on that "other stuff" i keep talking about so i'll be able to focus on the blog again. promise.

oh and pps! check out the moda bake shop's giveaway grand prize winner! lucky girl

20 comments:

Timolily said...

One of the things that I love about your blog, and you, is that you are so inspirational. Not only do you share such wonderful ideas, but you entice us to dibble and dabble and create ♥ Thank you :-)

Shanna said...

WOW! I felt like a little bit of a celebrity when I checked your site today and saw my pillow! Thank you for the tutorial, it was a lot of fun to make. My mom ended up making some too when she saw how cute mine was.

:)
(slfarns)

Families are Forever said...

LOVE that heart pillow!

V and Co. said...

thanks guys! and shanna, you should feel like rockstar, your pillow turned out awesome!

chris said...

There is something incredible about seeing someone learn to make something based on what you do. Thank you for sharing your ideas. They often spark an idea for me, and then off I go. :)

Mic said...

WOW What a surprise to see my purse!!! Made my day V :) Your projects are the best!

amylouwhosews said...

you do make some awesome stuff! And therefore, awesome patterns! I love helping people find their drive for creating too!

Anonymous said...

Feeling excited that you liked my work!! Wow. Your designs are amazing and you are a very talented woman.

Now if only the weather would break so I can use my turquoise-flowered bag again!!

Thank you so much. ( :

Jen (aka mompsyd1)

Journeying Five said...

it must be so rewarding to see your creations in work...way to go! you do make beautiful things.

Melissa said...

Thank you for all these tutorials! I sincerely want to make every single one. In reality, it might take me 8 years to actually do that, but I still want to! :)
I was hoping you lived in Colorado so you could join our Modern Quilt Guild, but, alas, you don't. :-( We'll just have to bring your crafty goodness to the meetings and sews from your tutorials.
Thanks again!

vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V and Co. said...

thanks for all the love on the tutorials and patterns. btw colorado would be a beautiful place to live!

The Clegg Family said...

hi there v and co...
i have been a follower of your blog for over a year now and I LOVE EVERYTHING

i can't access your contact info, but i was hoping to send you a bar of my homemade natural soap for you to review and put up on your blog. i am trying to promote my small business and would love your feedback (and the amazing amounts of people that follow your blog)!

please send me an email
rachclegg@yahoo.com
and check out my etsy site

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rachclegg

thanks so much
~rachael clegg

maapaaz said...

...I also love the things you make..and I'm sure the reason is that you you reflect in them the love for what you are doing

Anna said...

thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you like to make stuff! :)

Lindsey said...

You totally made my day by showing off my baby life quilt! Thanks for a great tutorial and for inspiring me to create beautiful things!

Unknown said...

Thanks Vanessa! And I can't wait to see Kelly's king quilt. That's a project I want to tackle someday too!

Sewing Princess said...

Thanks Vanessa for posting my ring. And even bigger thank you for sharing those beautiful tutorials.

Camie Rae said...

I love love love the baby quilt. I just made one for my baby girl, who we get to meet this summer!!! So thanks and please never stop!!! :)

http://cccraftsnjunk.blogspot.com/2011/02/baby-quilt.html

qandlequeen said...

The EAT PLAY SLEEP REPEAT quilt has completely stolen my heart. I will be working that into a quilt in the very foreseeable future.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin