Wednesday, May 14, 2008

these hands and phantoms

these are the hands of my father in law. he can do a better job than any professional i know. currently he is working on my sprinkler system, picking up where my husband left off before he had to leave. these hands can do just about anything handyman-ish, they could build you a house they can fix leaky faucets, they can build you a fence, they can put up walls, take down walls, finish basements, built you frames, and make your back yard into a garden...i am so grateful for these hands because they have taught my husband everything he knows, and even more so right now so i don't have to keep moving my hose attached to a sprinkler every 30minutes after these sprinklers are all set up. he's one of the hardest workers i know, and i'm so grateful that my husband and my boys have him as an example of what a hard worker really does. last night i stayed up till (oh i don't know really) 1? 1:30? in the morning...watching phantom of the opera. i needed to have something in the background so that i could hand bind these table runners. can i just tell you, that phantom dude is one hot tamale!!! i mean get past the fact that he's killed a few people (2 that we know of) is a little creepy with the whole stalking and having a shrine of christine, and lives in the basement of the opera house with half a face, he is one hot dude...well whatever it got me to do my runners and now you can see them in my shop so go check it out!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What an awesome dad and father-in-law! I am SO glad you will have sprinklers!!! :) YEAH!!

AND THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL TABLE RUNNERS!! Gotta go check them out!

haley said...

my dad is like this too. gotta love all the men in your life! and thankgoodness for family that is so happy to help.
oh- and yeah, your hubby is a war hero- what kind of americans would we be if we didn't comment on his, eh????

Marci said...

i love the picture of your fil's hands...they look like my man's. having men around that can do things is an amazing gift.
i also love your darling little table runners...the fabrics are yummy.
sorry we ignored you a little.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin